- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and Digital Commons @ Butler University
Who Can Submit?
Students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals may submit an original article to be considered for publication in BU Well provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Authors must own their work, ensuring their copyright, and guarantee that submitted manuscripts have not been published elsewhere and are not currently be under review. Articles will be submitted, to the full knowledge of their employer or institution, including any potential co-researchers and faculty mentors. All manuscripts will be reviewed based on intellectual and quality content, without regard for age, gender, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, political orientation or country of origin of the authors.
Please be aware that there is a co-created multimedia component to this journal. By submitting, you are agreeing to work with students on our editorial team to co-create an infographic and video. If you have concerns about the submission terms for BU Well, please contact the editors.
Formatting RequirementsSee Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for details. Please note, bepress can provide limited technical support.
Rights for Authors and Digital Commons @ Butler University
In consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to Digital Commons @ Butler University all copyright of the article, subject to the expansive personal-use exceptions described below. This is further described in our submission agreement.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of Digital Commons @ Butler University, requires credit to Digital Commons @ Butler University as copyright holder (e.g., Digital Commons @ Butler University © 2017).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from Digital Commons @ Butler University provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the Digital Commons @ Butler University website and/or software agree not to misuse the Digital Commons @ Butler University service or software in any way.
The failure of Digital Commons @ Butler University to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Digital Commons @ Butler University and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.