I have always been fascinated by the letter Q. It is elusive. It is tantalizing. It is frustrating and recalcitrant. But with kindly and gentle persuasion it can be manipulated -- sometimes. I would guess that 99 per cent of the time it is followed by the letter U with another vowel or two. It is the other 1 per cent that makes it so interesting.
Peterson, Palmer C.
"The Forms of Q,"
Word Ways: Vol. 11
, Article 14.
Available at: https://digitalcommons.butler.edu/wordways/vol11/iss2/14