Article Title

Generic Edges


The letters of a word can be displayed as one of a number of different geometrical forms - a triangle, pentagon or rhombus etc. - in the order in which they occur in the word. In Edge Words (WW98274), I arranged the letters of words thus, in order to create 'edge words', words made by the letters along the left (L) and right (R) hand edges of the particular geometrical form, reading from the top downwards. More recently, in Upwards Edge Words (WW2006235) I repeated the exercise to find edge words which read upwards.
Now I am searching for L and R edge words which are generically related. The two words may be identical, they may be transposals, palindromes, tautonyms or Miami words (see Miami Words (2000014).